What do I do if my weight loss plateaus?
A plateau is a 4-6 day interruption in regular daily weight loss. If this occurs try the following:
- Increase water and or green tea consumption
- Decrease fruit intake from 2 servings to 1 per day
- Be sure you are not mixing fruit and or vegetables
- Check all condiments for sugar content
- If no dietary error has been committed, you may want to take a “Zappel day” to break up the plateau. An apple day begins at lunch and continues until just before lunch the next day. The only food consumed during this time is 6 large apples, which are to be eaten one at a time whenever you feel the desire. During the apple day no other food or drink is allowed except plain water and of that only drink as much as necessary to quench your thirst.
Can I exercise while on the HCG protocol?
You may do a light exercise program such as walking, yoga and resistance training to keep your strength up, however you should not participate in high calorie burning activities like running or aerobics as this VLCD does not support this kind of exercise.
Can men to the HCG protocol?
Yes, men can participate in the HCG protocol as it will correct the functioning of HIS hypothalamus without feminizing him in any way.
Should I continue taking the drops during menstruation?
Yes you may continue the program as usual. There are no side effects. Your body may retain more water and you may not notice as much weight loss during this period.